Farewell Europe by Kat Adams

Now that are final weeks of being abroad are approaching, I am able to sit and reflect upon the amazing countries I have been able to explore throughout my time in Europe. In the last two weeks, I have been to three different countries, and one for only twenty-four hours. Having a class excursion to Lisbon, Portugal was such a fun time. We were able to go to their famous aquarium, and try local dishes including pastel de natas, and cabbage soup. From Lisbon, three of us flew to Paris for the day. I’m not sure how we did it, but we were able to see most of the major tourist’s attractions in a single day. We were able to see The Mona Lisa, the Arc de Triomphe, and go up into the Eiffel Tower at night. The weather was freezing, and the miles walked were too many to count on one hand, but it was worth it. The following weekend, the same group of us flew to Rome for a few days. Rome has definitely been my favorite place I have been, and not just because of the food. Being able to see the Vatican and see the art inside the Sistine chapel was so amazing. We also were able to go inside the Colosseum and throw coins into the Trevi Fountain. During our two days in Italy, we went to many cafes, and stuffed ourselves until we thought we were going to explode. I know I will travel back there someday. Now that we have only two weeks until we are back in the United States, I am excited to spend my weekends in Trujillo and with my class and host family.