Final Reflection

I chose to go with a more plain template to give off an aura of professionalism for my site. I also structured the artifacts I chose to reflect some of my strongest skills like critical thinking, problem solving, empathy, analysis, and synthesis. For the traditional paper, I chose the first major paper I wrote at CofC because it reflects my propensity to defend unconventional topics. Because of this, the paper required an extensive amount of research to defend my thesis, which shows my dedication and willingness to confront difficult tasks. For the genre remediation, I chose a video essay I constructed surrounding a research paper I wrote for a film noir class. I felt this project really embodied my ability to work across multiple mediums. For the free artifact option, I chose a paper I wrote for my American Gothic Literature class, but I divided it up into three separate blog posts to make it more online audience friendly. I think these blog posts show my interest in a variety of topics like racism in America, patriarchal values and their impact, and mental health in gothic film. I also added the delights blog post from this class to make my site a bit more personable. And I also chose to include the alum interview I conducted to show my interest in pursuing law. The other posts I included, like a short story and my poetry, show my willingness to be forthcoming in who I am as a person and will aid my audience in feeling like they know me as an individual. I plan to add my study abroad experiences in both Mexico City, where I studied indigenous and Spanish history, and Rome, where I’ll be studying law this July. Heres the link to my blog: juliannabhullar.wordpress.com !