Intro by Daniella Johansson-Emmert

I chose this program because I am a Spanish minor and I want to strengthen my Spanish skills. Also, I will be able to finish my minor considering I will take all Spanish classes. I am excited to be living with a host family so they can show me all of the insides to Trujillo. Also, I will see what a Spanish family is really like.  In addition I want to be immersed in a new culture and see the differences from my normal life here in the United States. Through this program, I will be able to do such while also still being a part of the College of Charleston. 

I have set a couple of goals while I’m abroad. Some of my goals are to be able to speak fluently in Spanish without hesitation. I believe I can do so after living with a host family and taking all Spanish classes. I will be surrounded by the Spanish language at all times, and I will try to not speak much English. I also want to make a new friend from Spain that I can keep in touch with even when I come back to the United States. With this I can keep a part of my time that I will have there close to me for a long time. Finally, I want to try every food that is given to me whether I thought I liked the food or not. I am sure I will end up loving foods I have never even heard of! 

I have done some research about my host country and have learned some of their cultural practices. I am excited to try some foods I have seen and visit the famous places.