Trip to Amsterdam by Sierra Buck

Here we are, somehow already in November. So much has happened in such a short amount of time. I did end up going to Amsterdam with two of my roommates from Rome and one of my roommates from Charleston. Definitely one of the most amazing places I have ever been. The canals through every street are breathtaking and don’t even get me started on how phenomenal Stroopwafels are. Our hotel was in the center of Amsterdam and they had bikes we could take out for the day. It started to rain at one point, but then the sun started peeking out and it was one of those mental pictures you take and never forget. If any of you have seen The Office, it’s basically holding up the imaginary camera and clicking as Jim and Pam did. 

Then, this past weekend, I was able to hop on a plane on Wednesday to Switzerland (thank goodness for no Thursday and Friday classes) for The Lumineers concert. We went to this adorable fondue restaurant and had bottomless bread and veggies with truffle fondue before. Then, we headed to the 2,500 person stadium to see the band and not only did I get to high five the lead singer, but I caught the pick as well. That will NEVER leave my sight. Then, on Thursday we flew to London to see an immersive show that revolved around the world of Stranger Things. Everyone dressed up in all 80’s clothes and had to get their phones locked so that people could enjoy the show. TRULY amazing. 

The rest of my weekend in London, I got to putz around the Christmas markets and see a few more shows. 

Now looking forward, next weekend I leave for an excursion to Florence where I’ll meet up with one of my friends that studies abroad there. 

Overall, if anyone is on the fence about studying abroad… if you can go, GO! These few examples are just a few memories I will never forget.